Senior Development Engineer - Electric Motors
- Create systematic and module based analysis of customer requirements.
- Concept design of a family concept for electric Motors for automotive applications (some kW range).
- Selection of cost optimal and scalable motor technologies according to different use-cases.
- Electro-magnetic design of electric Motors, Field simulation and verification with prototypes.
- Structural and rotodynamic calculation, Thermal calculation of electric Motors.
- Managing of suppliers for motor parts or managing of complete motor manufacturing.
- Build up a knowledge base for part costs and manufacturing costs (tooling).
- Have close contact to different universities according to their knowledge, monitor the technology trends.
- Perform systematic best practise analysis and concepts for VAVE activities.
- Involvement in integration testing and evaluation of prototype e-Motors.
- Graduated as minimum BSc (MSc or PhD preferred) electrical engineer or physics with studies and experience on the field of electric motor simulations and design
- Min. 3, but ideally 5+ years experience on the field of electric motor development / manufacturing
- Experienced with FEM tools
- Proven knowledge in industrial environment on the filed of electric motor design and/or manufacturing
- Practical knowledge about motor BoM and manufacturing costs
- A good team player
- Fluent English knowledge in oral and written form (German is an advantage but not a must)
Knorr-Bremse R&D Center